Earliest written recorded reference to Lackagh National School can be traced back to the 1831 Census when the 2190 people whoe were recored as residing in Lackagh Parish were served by a one school and the Catholic Church.
Over the generations the school has been served by different edifices namely the Old Lackagh School House that was built in 1886 . This conitued to serve the school children of the parish right up to 1966 .
From 1966 to Feb 2018 pupils and staff worked out of another constructed school building located next to the church carpark on the Lackaghbeg road. This school remained in place right up to February of 2018 however the huge demand for school places and growth and development our community meant that Scoil Bhríde needed a new school building . Today the Remnants of this building are more or less completely gone as it was demolished to make way for the new two storey building of the school building where we are today .
Over the years it took the trojan work of successive , principals, teachers, parents and Board's of Managements to get to where we are today in a new beautiful school campus and for this we are all eternally grateful .
The school is very lucky to have a young and committed staff, as well as a supportive Board of Management and an enthusiastic Parents’ Association, who are instrumental in providing learning opportunities for the pupils. This excellent relationship allows for a great working atmosphere among teachers and pupils in the school.
New School Building
Monday the 16th of November was a great day for our school as we received the news that our school building project will go to tender in the coming weeks and will be built in 2016.